Tarot for Beginners
- Course is only open to official members of the Acadiana Spiritual Association. If you are not a member and would like to take this class, please proceed to the Membership Page to sign up with our organization.
- Coursework: 26 lesson course divided into 13 weeks (textbooks & tarot cards provided)
- Evalutions: 1 Reading Evaluation Session completed by panel of 3 tarot experts
- Comprehenive Exam: Pass a 100-question comprehensive examination
Benefits of Course
- Structured Learning Environment: The course is taught in a traditional classroom setting which is organized by certified elementary and secondary education teachers.
- Common Objectified Curriculum: A rigorous curriculum designed by a consortium of tarot reading professionals and professional educations to deliver the most in-depth and most inclusive information and tarot reading training.
- Validity & Legitimacy: A course lead by a professional educator within an formal educational center designed specifically for the purpose of this course.
- Equitability: A standard measure of achievement, fairness, and opportunity in tarot reading education to insure universal goals, values, objectives, and skills are developed.
: certain common/
Cost of Course
- Option A:
- Registration Fee: $30
- Tuition: $10 per month for 3 months
- Books & cards included
- Option B:
- Tuition & Fee: $50
- No monthly installments; books & cards included
Grading & Scoring
A student's overall average must be at least 2.5 rating (on a 4.0 scale) to obtain a Certificate of Completion in Tarot Reading. Tests and quizzes cannot be retaken; evaluations cannot be challenged. Each of the three components (Quizzes, Evaluation, & Exam) is rated individually and rounded to the nearest tenth. Each component is weighted: Quizzes (30%), Evaluation (20%), and Exam (50%).
Absences & Make-ups
Students may miss up to 4 classes; however, assignments and quizzes must be made up within 7 days. Email/call your instructor whenever you cannot make a class. The evaluation and the Comphrensive Exam require an obituary or a medical excuse as well as prior notification before the evaluation or exam for a make-up.
Textbooks & Tarot Cards
Textbooks & Tarot Cards are include with tuition and fees. They will be distributed to students on the first day of class. If you would like to receive your books before the first class, please email your instructor to make arrangements for early pickup.
- Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners by Joan Bunning
- Tarot Beyond the Basics: Gain a Deeper Understanding of the Meanings Behind the Cards by Anthony Louis
- Original Rider Waite Tarot Cards by Arthur Edward Waite & Pamela Colman Smith
Requirements in Detail
These 26 lessons consist of 26 individual classes which last 2 hours each session. These lessons are meant to further an individualís understanding of the tarot as well as improve their reading and counseling abilities. The classes are intimate, with just a handful of students, in a traditional classroom setting. Lesson comprehension will be determined by quizzes following each session.
Each lesson is concluded with 10-question quiz. Each quiz is scored as follows: 100% = 4, 90% = 3, 80% = 2, 70% = 1, and anything less than 70% is a 0.
Evaluation refers to a periodic process of gathering data and then analyzing or ordering it in such a way that the resulting information can be used to determine whether the student is effectively learning and the extent to which it is achieving its stated objectives and anticipated results. At the conclusion of the coursework, the student must go through a reading evaluation session with three evaluators. Each evaluator will score the evaluation. The average of the three evaluators scores will be overall score of the session.
Download our Official Evaluation Rubric
The Comprehensive Examination consists of 100 multiple choice questions. Questions vary in complexity. There are really simple questions such as identification of a cardís traits or identify which card is being presented. There are harder questions which ask about history, symbolism, relationships to other cards and the Tree of Life. The hardest questions involve choosing the best answer which summarizes an actual reading for someone.
Rating the Comprehensive Exam:
|100% = 4
||99% = 3.9
Discover the rigor of our comphresensive exam for yourself. Take one of our sample quizzes.